Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome!!

Hello readers and welcome to my blog!  I am Willow Raevynwood.  That's not my real name, of course, but rather a nom de plume/spiritual name.  You'll actually see a few nom de plumes pop up.  I plan on using Willow Raevynwood when I write spiritual/esoteric kind of posts.  If I'm writing fiction, then you will probably see C.J. Burns pop up in the by line. 

I created this blog, after Tess Whitehurst suggested it, so that I may recover, explore, and express my creativity freely.  All I ask of you is that you be completely honest with me and that you also be constructive in your criticism.  "Man, that was a piece of crap!" does me absolutely no good.  Instead, sure, tell me it's crap but tell me why you believe it to be a piece of crap.  I can't grow without honest, creative criticism and input.

The same goes for if you read something of mine that you enjoy.  Sure, tell me that you thing it's utterly fabulous but if you can, pinpoint some areas that you particularly liked.  By knowing what works and what doesn't work, I can fine tune my instrument and perfect my craft.

From time to time (this is a thought in the works) I may ask for a little help from my friends.  In my mind, as it is right now, I'm considering calling these "Creativity Challenges".  I may ask you to post a scenario, a picture, or maybe a single word and I would have to write something involving said scenario, picture, or word.  I did something similar to this when I was part of a creative writing group online a few years back.  I enjoyed it but unfortunately I convinced myself I didn't have the time.  I'm thinking about doing it here because you are my readers and I'm sure many of you would like to see me flex my literary muscles or blow a gasket.  I think it would also be cool for both of us to see what develops.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Over the next couple of days I'll be posting some posts that I had originally posted in my Notes on Facebook.  They reveal a bit more about me.  If you're a friend of mine on Facebook then you may have already read those posts.

Thanks again for visiting my blog and I hope you come back often!

Brightest of Blessings and Much Love,
Willow Moondragon Raevynwood

P.S.  Let me know if the font color works for you.  Originally it was black but it seemed to get lost with the background.

3 comments: